Cable waterproof joints can be applied to environments with water to provide safe and reliable connector joints. The most important thing is to be able to achieve the effect of waterproofing. So what should be paid attention to during the installation and use of the cable waterproof joint?
1. Choose appropriate joint materials according to the type and specifications of the required cable joints. Nowadays, the quality of cable joint materials is also uneven. However, in order to ensure the quality of the cable joints, it is recommended not to be cheap. It is best to choose the materials of reliable cable joint manufacturers.
2. It is best not to choose rainy weather when connecting the cable. Because water in the cable will seriously affect the service life of the cable. In severe cases, short-circuit accidents may even occur.
3. Be sure to read the manufacturer’s product manual carefully before making cable waterproof joints. This is especially important for cables of 10kV and above. Think about all the processes before doing it.
4. When installing the terminal joint of a single-core armored cable above 10kV, remember that only one end of the steel belt can be grounded.
5. Do not use too much force when pressing the copper pipe, as long as it is pressed into place. There must be many raised points on the copper end face after crimping. This must be flattened with a file, without leaving any burrs.
6. When using the blowtorch with heat shrinkable cable joints, pay attention to the torch moving back and forth, and not just keep blowing the torch in one direction.
7. The size of cold-shrinkable cable joints must be strictly in accordance with the drawings. Especially when pulling out the support in the reserved tube, you must be more careful.